This is the privacy statement of the NortH2 consortium. This consortium includes:
In this privacy statement, NortH2 informs those whose data it processes (data subject) about which personal data are processed and why, what the retention periods are and which rights the data subject has.
What information does NortH2 collect and why?
There are various legal grounds on which NortH2 uses personal data:
- NortH2 may use personal data for legitimate interests, for example to be able to answer questions about NortH2, vacancies or collaborations.
- NortH2 may need personal data to comply with legal obligations.
- NortH2 uses personal data if you have signed up for its newsletter. In this case, we only need your e-mail address and name. Your e-mail address will only be added to our list of newsletter subscribers with your explicit permission. You can subscribe online. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail to activate your subscription; this is also called a double opt-in. And, of course, every newsletter also contains a link with which you can unsubscribe again. If you still have questions about this, you can always contact email@example.com.
NortH2 always works on the basis that personal data is processed in a way that is lawful, proper and transparent for you. Furthermore, NortH2 will only process personal data if the same objective cannot be achieved in a different manner.
NortH2 retains personal data for as long as NortH2 deems necessary, in order to properly fulfil the relationship with you, comply with applicable legislation (including legislation relating to the retention of documents) and otherwise enable NortH2 to carry out its business activities. If you have any questions regarding a specific retention period for certain types of personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NortH2 uses appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data and to help prevent theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of information. For example, NortH2 stores personal data on computer systems with limited access and in controlled environments.
Rights of data subject
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- Right to information about processing: what happens to your personal data and why?
- Right to inspection: you have the right to request NortH2 to show you whether NortH2 processes your personal data and, if so, which ones.
- Right to rectification: NortH2 must ensure that the personal data used are and remain accurate. You may request NortH2 to correct or supplement your personal data.
- Right to forgetfulness: you have the right to request NortH2 to delete your personal data. It is then up to Gasunie to determine whether such a request is justified. This may be the case if the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they have been processed or the personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to request NortH2 to restrict processing, for instance if the data are incorrect or the processing is unlawful.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for reasons relating to your specific situation. NortH2 will cease processing unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
If you wish to exercise (one of) these rights, you may do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. NortH2 will provide information on the actions NortH2 has taken in response to the request as soon as possible, but in any event within one month of receiving the request. This deadline may be extended by NortH2 by two months in connection with the complexity of the request or the number of requests NortH2 receives. NortH2 will notify you in that case.
NortH2 tries to work with you to find a fair solution if you have a complaint about or problem with the use of your personal data. However, if you feel that NortH2 has been unable to help you, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Personal Data Authority.
If NortH2 uses your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We use various cookies on our website to make your visit to our website more pleasant and easier, and to enable us to tailor our service even more closely to your wishes.
Good to know: we never collect personal information via cookies, such as your name, telephone number or e-mail address. The data is not passed on to third parties and we only use anonymised data for analysis purposes.
We do require your consent to place certain cookies. We ask for your permission when you visit our website. By clicking accept, continuing your visit, clicking on links or sections, or continuing to browse in any way within our website, you are giving your consent to the placing of cookies through an active action (an opt-in). We apply these cookies:
Increase the ease of use. For example, remembering information that you enter and recognising your browser settings in order to display our website optimally on your screen.
Keep anonymous records of web statistics. For example, we see that a web page has been viewed three hundred times, but not by whom. We use this information to improve the design of our website.
Track your online behaviour, so we know what you find interesting. This information helps us offer you the most relevant content and prevents you from seeing the same content too often.
Social media cookies
If you click on social media buttons on our website, for example to share a news item on LinkedIn, these media may place cookies on your device or PC. This is subject to the terms and conditions of the social media channel concerned.
Do you want us not to collect cookies?
This is possible. When you visit our website, we actively ask whether we are allowed to collect cookies. You can indicate here that you do not want this. You can also indicate this via your browser settings.
Amendments to the privacy statement
NortH2 may amend this privacy statement as necessary. You are therefore advised to regularly check NortH2’s website for the most recent version. If NortH2 updates the privacy statement, NortH2 will adjust the date behind ‘Last updated’ at the bottom of the privacy statement. If there are substantial changes to the privacy statement or to the way NortH2 uses personal data, NortH2 will notify you before they take effect.
For questions regarding the use of personal data, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 3 June 2021